Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas wrapping ideas and bringing in the tree



I can tell you that bringing you daily ideas and up to date news on decorating here is no mean feat!! - I feel like I'm running a marathon!  Loving it though  ♥♥♥♥

Today I bring you some wrapping ideas for your gifts.  Of course in France, the stores are always happy to gift wrap your purchases for you, so it's easy to be lazy.  But this year, for the gifts I will have to wrap myself, and to tie in with my no-red-fairly-natural-green-look I like these ideas.







On the home decor front, we bought the tree, or rather the trees yesterday.  A huge tree for the sitting room and two baby trees for either side of the front door.  Last year I made holly bushes for the entrance, but this year (still tying in with the natural look) I'm using two Christmas trees, stood firmly in pots that still have miniature helichrysum growing to hide the pot rims and add a touch of silver grey.  Lights will be added to make them sparkle.








I started making the wreath using helichrysum, sage, black berried ivy and branches cut from the base of the christmas trees.  I'll probably add a few silver baubles tomorrow.




The tree has been brought inside and will be decorated and lit this evening.  I always savour this incongruous moment when a large tree seems to have sprouted in the room, not yet decorated or adorned, just left natural.
 If it were just for me I'd be tempted to leave it natural, or simply with white lights, but when I quietly suggested that  idea this morning it did not go down well.  Hey ho!

Tomorrow I'll show you the tree and door dolled up, 
hope you're having a fun weekend too!




Thanks to All about you for wrapping ideas


No comments:

Post a Comment